GCI Mentors 2020
The GCI Mentorship Program 2020
|Application Timeline||Application Opens||Monday, December 2, 2019 at 12:00 AM|
|Application Closes||Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM|
|Phone Interviews with GCI Team||Rolling Basis after Application Completion|
|Offer Letters Sent Out||Rolling Basis after Application Completion and Interview|
|All Boundary Forms and Background Checks Due||Monday, May 11, 2020 at 11:59 PM|
How do Mentors help?
- Mentors support their Fellow throughout the nine-month process as they work towards launching their GSPs and completing their GSP Reports. Mentors guide their Fellow in following the action plan they created during the Summit, and refining and updating their plans as necessary.
- TIP: Time is the biggest challenge for both Fellows and Mentors. Fellows have been encouraged to seek credit for their GSPs to fulfill school requirements (i.e. Capstone, IB Program, club activity or independent study). Please remind them of this opportunity as it will enable them to work on one project and achieve two goals.
- Mentors actively engage with their Fellows’ activities on GCI’s online platform and use it as a tool to provide guidance on how to refine the scope of the GSP, help the Fellows learn from challenges encountered and plan for future learning and success.
- Mentors connect with their Fellows each month over the course of the Mentorship program to discuss GSP updates and help Fellows overcome any new challenges related to the GSP.
- Connections should originate with the Fellow but Mentors are also encouraged to take initiative and reach out to their Fellow. GCI is always available should either party have difficulty getting in contact.
- Connections can be made in person (preferable, but we recognize not always possible) or by phone, video chat, or email. If this is not possible or the connection only requires brief communication, the Mentor and Fellow may utilize GCI’s online platform or email.
- Mentors encourage their Fellow to present the GSP to the community (i.e. school or local community center) where it takes place and share updates with GCI afterwards.
Please click here for the Mentorship Program 2020 Summary, including month to month time commitment expectations and sample projects from past years.
The application for the GCI Mentorship Program 2020 opened on December 2, 2019 and will close on March 31, 2020. Interviews will be scheduled and offer letters will be sent on a rolling basis, priority will be given to those who submit all required materials at an earlier date.
Visit the GCI website at www.globalci.org