The GCI LEAD Challenge 2021
The GCI LEAD Challenge 2021
|What GCI is looking for|
|Program Technology Requirements||To fully participate in the GCI LEAD Challenge:|
Application Opens March 1, 2021 at 12:00 AM
Application Closes April 12, 2021 at 11:59 PM
All application materials, including recommendations and parent/guardian forms must be submitted
Offer Letters Sent Out April 23, 2021
All Enrollment Forms and Tuition Due April 30, 2021
|Cost||Tuition for the GCI LEAD Challenge is US$950|
A limited amount of need-based financial aid is available. The financial aid form must be filled out at the time of application
|Application Materials & Requirements||Applicant Materials and Requirements:|
The GCI LEAD Challenge is an innovative and carefully curated virtual program for secondary school students focused on Leadership, Ethics, Advocacy and Design Thinking. The GCI LEAD Challenge will be held from Monday, July 26, 2021 - Saturday, July 31, 2021, and will convene outstanding students from around the world.
The GCI LEAD Challenge will incorporate core components of GCI’s flagship program, the Summit, with a focus on Leadership, Ethics, Advocacy and Design Thinking.
Each day, GCI LEAD Challenge participants will get together at 8:00am ET for a 3-hour session to build key leadership skills and explore thought-provoking ideas: Harkness®* discussions led by Phillips Exeter Academy faculty, workshops led by Design Thinking experts and thematic sessions from inspirational speakers. Participants will also work on activities on their own time before the start of the next day’s session.
The global nature of the GCI LEAD Challenge means that some participants will join real-time activities early in the morning or late at night. The magic of GCI arises from sharing ideas and building connections with peers from all over the planet, however, and we want to share that with participants even when they aren’t together in person.
GCI LEAD Challenge participants will gain the tools, resources and mindsets to be agents of positive change, empowered to advocate for themselves and their communities. As GCI alumni, they will join a lifelong global community, where they and other GCI alumni can support each other and continue their journeys alongside GCI staff, friends and mentors.
While GCI looks forward to our next in-person Summit and Seminar in the summer of 2022, we are delighted by your enthusiasm for the GCI LEAD Challenge and excited by the unique opportunities presented by our upcoming virtual program. Make sure you subscribe to receive our updates, including further details on the GCI LEAD Challenge.
SurveyMonkey Apply works best on a laptop or desktop. We recommend that you do not try to complete your application on a mobile device.
- Click “Register” in the top right corner and fill out the form to create an account on our Admissions Portal.
- Verify your email address by checking your inbox for a message from GCI with the link to confirm your address.
- A few applicants have reported difficulties in receiving their email verification link.
- Look in your Spam/Junk folder as the email will most likely be there.
- If after a few minutes the email still has not arrived, please contact GCI at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1 203 542 7002.
- After you have verified your email address, click "View Programs" on the application page and fill out the eligibility form on the next page.
- Click “Log In” and enter the username and password you chose when you created your account.
- If you do not remember your password, or believe you previously created an account but are unsure, please follow the instructions after clicking "Forgot your password?" before attempting to create a new account.